Laser Technology from Acne to Wrinkles
Laser technology has completely changed the way we treat skin problems and cosmetic concerns. A laser is a highly focused beam of light which is absorbed by various colors (brown, red, blue, purple) or water in the skin. Each laser has either a different "color-match" to the various pigments in the skin or is designed to heat tissue that contains water. Although this is a simplistic explanation, it is the basis of laser action and the reasons why lasers are so effective on such a wide variety of skin issues.
At Beverly Hills Laser Institute, Inc. we offer a complete range of lasers. To help you understand the lasers and aesthetic technologies and what they do, we've listed our systems and their primary use.
With Thermage skin tightening, radiofrequency waves firm and tighten the skin all the way to the deepest layers. Retightens collagen strands which have loosened with age and causes new collagen production for continued improvement in skin firmness and contours. Effective for the face, eyes and body.
- Acne: Kills acne bacteria and alters function of acne-causing oil glands
- Pigmented Skin Spots: Destroys the melanin cells that cause brown spots
- Veins: Coagulates small blood vessels so they fade and disappear
- Facial Spider Veins
- Redness from Acne
- Port Wine Stains
- Redness from Surgical Scars
- Spider Veins on the thigh, leg and ankle
- Rosacea: Shrinks and destructs veins responsible for facial redness and flushing
- Sun-Induced Pigmentation and Brown Spots: Selectively destroys melanin in the epidermis
- Brown Pigmentation from Sun Damage
- Sun Spots and Actinic Bronzing
Photofacial treatment blends and removes diffuse brown discoloration form sun damage. Fragments pigment in the skin so it is easily discarded by the body's natural skin turnover
Palomar Lux 1540 Fractional Laser*
Laser microbeams remove damaged skin and spur new collagen growth. Lux 1540 Fractional Technology allows skin resurfacing with minimal to no downtime. It is a novel and non-ablative* method of resurfacing the skin incrementally.
- Improve Skin Texture
- Reduce Wrinkling
- Improve Melasma
- Lessen Acne Scars
- Smooth Surgical or Accident Scars
- Reduce Appearance of Mature Stretch Marks
*Non-ablative lasers do not remove the skin surface. Ablative lasers, such as the CO2 laser Laser, remove the entire top layer of skin and require extensive and painful healing time.
Palomar 1064 Vascular Laser*
- Veins: Shrinks and clears visible blue and purple veins in the legs and thighs. The 1064 is a powerful laser for clearing deep-lying veins.
- Rosacea: Shrinks larger facial veins in advanced rosacea
The 1064 Vascular Laser will be in use at our office at a later date.
Palomar Rs Hair Laser*
- Permanent Hair Reduction: Directly affects the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
Laser hair treatments work on any part of the body or face.
Blue Light treatment reduces the number of painful acne pimples and helps reduce inflammation by killing acne bacteria. It also shortens the acne life cycle.
Photodynamic therapy for severe acne is used in conjunction with Levulan for the reduction and control of severe and cystic acne.
Levulan and PDT therapy are also used to treat actinic keratoses and eliminate abornmal skin cells
- Destroys Actinic Keratosis Lesions and Precancers
- Reduce Wrinkling
- Enlarged Pores
- Fine Wrinkles
Find the laser or light treatment that's right for you by calling 888-333-2515 to schedule a consultation at Beverly Hills Laser Institute, Inc. Initial cosmetic consultations are complimentary.
* Individual Results May Vary